Friday, August 15, 2008

Fashion is... Simple.




This outfit is just about as simple as simple gets. Denim shorts, white top-- there's not much to it. I wore this to my friend's party by the lake and it worked perfectly; it was laid-back but still put together. The loose top a sailor shorts were easy to take on and off when wondering between the lake and picnic tables (mini cupcakes and fruit salad... yum!). I love how fresh and easy the top is, yet clean-cut enough to dress up. I could wear it with dark wash skinny jeans (to balance out the very loose fit) and metallic flats to go out. Even though I wouldn't be able to wear the bikini top underneath on a regular day, I loved the feminine touch it ads to the outfit. I love the girly embroidery on the top, which is something Betsey Johnson does so well. I love her attention to detail which makes her dresses so amazing, but clearly she doesn't stop there. In short, I love this swimsuit. 

Top: American Eagle
Shorts: American Eagle 
Swimsuit: Betsey Johnson
Sandals: J.Crew


2 comments:

Fashion in the Sky said...

Very cute? & a BJ bikini? Color me jealous!
-Barbie

Leah said...

Very cute!