Thursday, August 21, 2008

Fashion Is... Eclectic

Okay so I'm cheating a little bit. I wore this a while ago but I'm posting it anyway. I love combining staples from very different styles- it creates a fun unique look. Here, I combined a very yacht-like preppy look with a kind of indie-boho scarf. The shorts are very classic, white linen with a wide cuff. The sweater is an airy knit, perfect for summer, and I added a purple tank under. I liked the unusual color combination. The scarf was sort of random and last minute because the sweater felt bare without it. The busy, colorful print is a prefect contrast with the the plain pieces in the rest of the outfit and it makes it more interesting. For some reason I took of my shoes in this picture, but I was wearing gold ballet flats. 


Sweater: Mable & Zora
Tank: Target
Shorts: J.Crew (in white)
Shoes: Jeffery Campbell 

1 comments:

Leah said...

Cute! I love the sweater!